Now that a Raleigh business has seen the power of video and has decided to start filming, the question is…. what’s needed for a successful shoot. This is a great video production question, since production has many moving parts and requires specific planning and materials in order to go smoothly.
Our video experts at Cinecut Creative share five items that are necessary for production crews to have before and during filming.
- Specified Roles for Team Members. Since there are many people involved with shooting a video, from technical crews to creative directors, it’s important to make sure everyone involved has a clearly defined role. This will ensure that nobody feels overwhelmed, or as if someone else is encroaching on their responsibilities within the project.
- Completed Scripts. These will share the overall content and direction of the video, so having them finalized prior to the shoot will benefit the whole team. This includes both speech and A/V scripts. The A/V script outlines individual sections of the video, detailing the content and timing of what should appear. Having both of these items finished and distributed among the team before shooting will guarantee that everyone is on the same page.
- Images Music, and Animations. Graphics, animations, music, or clips from other videos are great additions to keep a business video dynamic. To help the editing team (and ultimately to keep from slowing that process down) try and compile desired stock photos/videos or other content and make it easily accessible, like uploading them all together into the cloud or onto a USB drive.
- Another way to help the editing team is by providing video timecodes to identify specific spots within the video footage that should be edited in some way. Whether it’s removing some shots or inserting a graphic, these codes will eliminate wasted time.
- An Established Due Date. Give the entire production crew a master deadline for a finalized product, as well as specific deadlines for milestones along the way. Again, this will keep everyone on the same page and eliminate any confusion or disagreements that could potentially arise.
The video filming process does not have to be a headache-inducing fiasco. Stepping into the filming period with these ideas in mind can allow for a great experience among the crew during the project. Contact us at Cinecut Creative for expert advice in video production!
So, after reading countless statistics and seeing the numerous benefits of using videos, your business has finally decided to improve current marketing strategies and begin video production.
However, great videos require a little more effort than simply showing up onsite with a camera in hand. In fact, like any good campaign there needs to be meticulous thought and planning before filming occurs.
Our video production experts here at Cinecut Creative recommend these four things to consider before beginning to shoot effective marketing content.
- What’s the Budget? One of the determining factors of production is analyzing budget constraints and planning accordingly. Contrary to what many may think, expensive equipment is not necessary for great productions. A passionate business owner with a vision and a smartphone can create high quality videos that reach and relate to the target audience.
- What’s the Video’s Style? Are you presenting a client testimonial, a product demonstration, or a 30-second clip with a clear call to action? Before approaching the production stage, this is a key step to cover in the developmental process. Pre-planning these ideas will make filming go smoothly since there is a distinct vision in mind.
- What Needs to Be Said? This is easily the most important part to consider before filming. All of the special effects and editing in the world won’t compensate for poorly organized and/or delivered content. In addition, it’s not just what’s said, but how it’s said. An enthusiastic, descriptive delivery will accomplish more than a few short words without much emotion.
- Will Other Materials Be Included? Essentially this means considering whether or not to incorporate infographics, animations, before/after shots, etc. These additions can definitely enhance a video’s appeal, but it’s important to not bombard the audience with so much activity that could potentially be distracting or confusing.
There are many ways to produce a great video, and businesses that see the most success in their productions have dedicated time to planning effectively. Contact us at Cinecut Creative to receive industry-leading insight into producing marketing videos that will wow your target audience!
If you logged into any social media website today, you likely came across a handful of videos either streaming live or prerecorded for distribution. This is no passing trend that will fade with time, and sources predict that 74% of internet traffic in 2017 will come from videos.
Businesses not producing videos and using social media platforms to distribute them are missing out on a great opportunity to enhance brand visibility. Like any successful marketing campaign, there are a few ingredients that make effective videos.
Cinecut Creative shares four key elements necessary for videos to succeed on social media platforms:
- Make Them Shareable. Videos don’t need to go viral to have an impact, but viewers do need a reason to share them. With Facebook averaging 100 million hours of daily video watch time, users obviously will take the time to watch video content, especially if it’s relevant to them. Analyzing what the target audience is watching and sharing is key, as well as providing content that answers their questions.
- Design Them for Specific Platforms. Not all social media networks are the same. Facebook and YouTube are ideal for sharing longer videos, whereas Instagram and Vine will be better for short content. Also, users of each respective platform expect certain qualities in videos that are shared, so try and research specific trends before producing, editing, and distributing them appropriately.
- Make the Viewer Priority. It might be tempting to showcase your business’s product or service as the main attraction of a video, but really what’s important is relating to the viewer and making it evident that they are the top priority as either a current or potential customer. Address the target audience in a relatable way by addressing their pain points and expressing an understanding of what they need.
- Don’t Forget About SEO. People use search engines every day to find text and video content that improves their lives. Make sure to enrich your video titles and descriptions with SEO rich content to have them pulled in relevant searches and easily found.
Videos are taking over the social media scene and are ideal for big and small businesses alike to enhance brand awareness and increase customer conversion. Contact us at Cinecut Creative today to learn about the benefits your business could see from utilizing this great marketing tool!
We’ve heard numerous statistics about how videos are better than text for successful marketing campaigns, but why exactly are they more effective?
Understandably, there are scientific reasons as to why businesses will see conversion rates increase after utilizing videos. After all, the human experience is perceived with the five senses, and our visual perception accounts for 83% of how we experience the world around us.
Our staff at Cinecut Creative share four scientific reasons that emphasize why our brains are more responsive to video marketing campaigns:
- Videos Are Stimulating. Visuals, especially containing motion, will grab our attention much quicker than text. 90% of the information processed by our brains is visual, so we are highly adapted to noticing visual stimuli and even process it 60,000 times faster than text.
- Videos Relay the Message Quicker. Since our brains process visuals faster than text, time is saved for the viewer when learning about a product or service. Sometimes text is ambiguous, interpreted incorrectly, or takes longer to absorb. Since one minute of video equals 1.8 million words of text, the amount of accurate information processed by viewers will increase and in less time.
- Videos Are Memorable. If you sit through a lecture and are asked a week later to recall it, you’re more likely to remember visual-spatial information as opposed to verbatim speech. This is because visual information is stored in long-term memory centers of the brain, making it accessible for future reference. And, 80% of viewers remember a video ad they’ve watched in the last 30 days, making video a powerful tool for marketers desiring longevity.
- Videos Trigger Emotion. Reading a sad story may spark temporary feelings of sadness, but seeing someone cry will provoke a greater emotional response in those who witness it. Again, this testifies to the power of visual stimuli. Images that incite emotional responses will cause our brains to release oxytocin (the hug hormone) and further provokes feelings of empathy, which is beneficial for establishing feelings of brand connection and trust.
As we can see, the science behind video marketing success is compelling and rather undeniable. Videos are optimal for information processing and establishing emotional connections, making them a perfect medium for businesses to utilize. Contact us at Cinecut Creative and start planning your business’s next video marketing campaign!