Utilizing humor in video advertising can have great benefits for businesses looking to establish a connection with their audience. Some may say that it’s too bold a move -who knows who will be offended? But there are several companies who have employed humor as an advertising technique and it worked out quite well for them. It’s all about knowing your audience and giving them content they’ll appreciate!
Here are Cinecut Creative’s favorite iconic examples of companies that totally nailed using humor in their video advertisements:
- Old Spice. We all know that perfect guy that can make diamonds fall out of his hands. These ads work because they appeal to both men and women, and they do so without putting either group down. In addition to giving their audience hilarious videos, they constantly deliver wit via their social media accounts.
- State Farm. Admit it, when you meet someone named ‘Jake’, you think of Jake from State Farm. Insurance is a highly-saturated market, and State Farm’s use of quick, memorable content is a big reason why they’ve risen to the top.
- Dollar Shave Club. This company debuted their product with enthusiasm and without hesitation. The premier advertisement is a bit absurd, but it’s a great way for a new company to introduce themselves in a competitive market.
- Another ferocious contender in the insurance industry is GEICO. They have multiple recurring campaigns including the Gecko, the Cavemen, and the ever-hilarious Hump Day Camel. They’re a massive brand with humorous qualities that secures their presence in the market.
- Clean. Super Bowl LI was one for the record books itself, but another great souvenir we get to take away is the hilarious Mr. Clean commercial sporting the animated mascot cleaning enticingly. It resonates with many people, making its presence known by relating to the audience in a personal way.
Incorporating humor in video advertising enables businesses to bond with their audience and gain their trust. Have a vision? Reach out to our production experts at Cinecut Creative to see it come to life!