For small business owners, it is crucial to have a solid marketing campaign to drive business and boost visibility. There are numerous resources to utilize including social media, videos, and other online strategies. However, marketing campaigns are not foolproof, and sometimes they miss the mark.
Luckily, identifying the root of a failed campaign is rather easy after evaluating the data. After finding these stumbling blocks, the strategy can be reworked to achieve different results.
3 of the most common reasons marketing campaigns fail are:
- Didn’t Reach the Target Audience: It’s a plain fact that a marketing campaign will fall flat immediately if the message goes to the wrong audience. Businesses should evaluate the demographics of the people they’re attempting to connect with and then appeal to them directly. Learn what they read or what their main pain-point is and use that information to reach them more effectively.
- Sent the Wrong Message: Conversely, the strategy may reach the right audience, but the message wasn’t relevant. This ties into knowing the target audience thoroughly, so understanding what they need and when they need it. Keep their persona in mind as the content is developed so it meets their needs.
- The Timing Was Off: Sometimes all aspects of the strategy are executed flawlessly but the end goals are still not met. This could be due to timing, overall. The audience may benefit from a service or product, but if it doesn’t meet their current needs they’re won’t buy. When a marketing campaign is strategically timed, business owners will see more success from their efforts overall.
With so many resources available for video marketing services, it can be overwhelming for a business owner who is just getting started. The video experts at Cinecut Creative specialize in producing high-quality videos to aid in the marketing process. From testimonials to introduction videos, your business will be off to a great start. Contact us today to learn more about video marketing today!
When a business is in need of a marketing video production company, picking the best one that fits their vision and knows their goals is important. Whether the business is implementing videos for their main website or a video for their social media marketing, a video production company must have a portfolio. Cinecut Creative works well with businesses by showing what they have done in the past and how they can create a new, innovative video for their client.
The 5 step process to picking a marketing video production company includes:
- Brainstorm beforehand: Figure out the answers to the questions that could come up such as: What type of video is needed and what is the video’s purpose is for the platform? Pinpointing good ideas and communicate them to the video production company. Think about and set up the timeline and budget for the video production process.
- Find a Local Company: Selecting a local company means that they know about competitor’s videos as well as various area locations that are best for filming. Check out their website to make sure that it is a fully functioning and updated frequently. Furthermore, check out their services and their portfolio.
- Contact the Company: If the business feels that the video production company can achieve their video’s vision, then they should set up a consultation. Contact the company and check to see if they make a good first impression. Check to see if the company is organized and has good customer service skills. Make sure that they make time for the business that wants a video.
- Consult with the Company: During the consultation, asks questions and find out the monetary breakdown of services. See if they can fit the timeline and budget that the business sets beforehand. Check the professionality of the video production company and how they interact with the business.
- Choose them: If the video production company fulfills all area requirements for the business, call them to set up contracts and to figure out the first steps in the video production process.
Hiring a professional video production company makes the production process easier because they know how to answer questions and communicate well with the business. For all marketing video questions, contact Cinecut Creative, a local video production in Raleigh, NC.
Videos help businesses to not only talk about their services, but also give more insight into who is interacting with the website. Having this insight is crucial to knowing the audience of the business. Videos are a way to widen the business’s viewership. Also, they direct web traffic to the existing audience. Cinecut Creative creates videos that can build upon previously established website interaction in hopes to connect with the next client that interacts with the website.
3 ways a video improves a website for a business are:
- Boosting engagement: In terms of engagement, a video should bring about a call to action by the viewer. They should feel engaged to want to know more and click through more pages to gather more information. When embedding a video into a web page, the video can also have keywords in its sub text that will make the web page rank higher when searched by a user. Make the video have a searchable title and description filled with keywords.
- Analyzing viewership: A business should know who is interacting with the website and how they can capitalize off that interaction. Widening the viewership helps to widen the awareness of the business’s presence while also finding ways to keep the viewers on the site longer. If the website is focusing on a super specific audience, a video may broaden the reach of the business.
- Sharing through social media: Make sure that the video and webpage are equipped with social media plugins for viewers and users to share the content. Social media sharing is the easiest way for a business to gain more interaction. People from different networks that act as influencers will let others know of the business and its services.
With a professional video production company, making videos for a business’s website is an easy process. For all video production and video marketing questions, contact Cinecut Creative, a local video production company in Raleigh, NC.
Marketing video production has a selection process and timeline that involves many factors. Decisions are made throughout the process that involve adjusting the budget and editing video content. These decisions should always keep the best interest of the business in mind. Cinecut Creative knows how to make these video production decisions while also creating content that works well with the business.
3 important factors for marketing video production are:
- Developing Content: A successful marketing video has a theme that is explained in three parts: introduction, short sales pitch/summary, and closing. The amount of content correlates with the length of the video. Succinct yet informative videos not only keep the viewer engaged, but also keep the video production costs low. Longer videos require more content creation and editing as well as a bigger budget for location rental and videographer payment.
- Picking a Location: The backdrop of a marketing video is important because it sets the tone for the entirety of the video. Shooting a video onsite also requires location rental fee and scheduling ahead of time. Depending on the business and its products/services, the location varies from a green screen, a city/nature landscape, or an office setting. Remember to make sure all the permits are in order, if choosing to produce a video onsite.
- Selecting Actors: It is important to have actors that are consistent throughout the marketing video. A large pool of actors and extras requires a bigger budget. Some marketing videos do not include actors, but instead have a voiceover. Pick someone that enunciates their speech that will also command the viewers’ attention.
Remember to hire professionals that know how to create a marketing video that achieves the goal of the business. For all video production inquiries, contact the experts at Cinecut Creative!
Businesses that lack videos on their website may be losing web traffic. Users want to gather information about the business and its products and services. An introductory video works as a short sales pitch to garner the users’ attention and call-to-action. Videos can also serve other purposes when placed on other web page tabs.
3 ways to utilize video advertising when designing a web page:
- Home Page Video: After inserting the major information at the top of the web page such as business name, logo, social media plugins, and tabs, make sure to put in the business purpose question followed by the business introductory video. The home page should be easy on the eyes, but still informative. Also, put contact information on the home page because it is the most searchable page for the business.
- Services/Products Tabs Videos: Defining the services/products offered is vital to the user’s understanding of the business. Each tab acts as a general point for the video to market and define the service. These videos tend to be shorter than the introductory video, but give more specific information. Instead of a lengthy, long-winded paragraph detailing services, create the personal approach by inserting a video that engages the users’ attention to certain aspects of a service/product.
- About Us Page Video: This video answers two questions: “How did this business grow over the years” and “How did the idea for the business come about?” This video is personal to every business and also helps the users personally engage with the business in order for them to see how the business has achieved its goals. Creating user loyalty is key to the sustainability of the business and it is key to the referral process.
Videos engage the web page user and encourage them to click through multiple tabs to learn more about the business. Cinecut Creative builds videos for businesses that help fill the gaps in the web page design that were previously filled with lengthy, vague, or unexplained text/content. For more information on how to add videos to a business page, contact Cinecut Creative.
For small businesses looking to extend their reach and grow their online presence, video marketing is a perfect solution. The video medium is taking businesses to the next level, providing them with long-lasting marketing tools and opening the door for communication between customers.
The best way to get started is to produce a video that introduces the business. Our creative team at Cinecut Creative has a few tips to help video newcomers make a proper introduction!
5 tips to aid businesses looking to produce stellar introduction videos are:
- Keep it Simple. No need for flashy bells and whistles just yet since you don’t want to risk
overwhelming the viewer with too much going on. State the company name, explain the mission statement, address the target audience’s pain point and how the business can alleviate that pain. Talk about the owner, the staff, and other insightful talking points that will get the viewer engaged.
- Write a Script. Introduction videos should be conversational, so you don’t necessarily want to read straight from a cue card. However, it’s also good practice to be prepared. Very rarely do the right words fall out of thin air on command, so take the time to write out what is important to say, and then play around with the delivery to create a dynamic dialogue that will appeal to viewers.
- Have Fun. If the goal is to get people onboard with the company, a great way to foster that sense of loyalty is by simply being human! Whether it’s the company’s culture or products that make it unique, a positive attitude will do wonders for how viewers receive the information.
- Encourage Feedback. The only way to know if the video is successful or comprehensive enough is to get feedback on viewer reception. If the video is uploaded to a channel where comments can be enabled, then encourage the viewers to leave their impressions!
- Call to Action. Along with encouraging feedback, you don’t want to leave the audience hanging when the video is over. What should they do next? Tell them!
Ultimately, there’s no wrong way to introduce your business to the world through video. Remember to have fun, be informative, and attempt to engage with the viewers! For more information on how to get started, contact our experts at Cinecut Creative!
A good video marketing campaign is like a recipe -it takes several key ingredients to get the desired outcome. Many business owners believe the most important ingredients to be the aspects of the video itself. After all, what is a great video without cutting-edge editing, animations, and other effects?
However, it should be noted that even the most stunning video will be ineffective if it reaches the wrong people. This is why targeting an audience and learning everything about them is a crucial step in the video marketing process. So, how exactly do businesses get an insight into who their videos should reach?
Our experts at Cinecut Creative suggest that businesses use the following strategies to define a target audience and how to reach them.
- Determine Demographical Information. Take a step back and determine who would benefit most from the company’s products or services. How old are they? Are they predominantly male, female, or both? Where do they live? What do they watch? What’s their income? Answering these questions will provide a solid foundation to appeal to them.
- Analyze their Search Techniques. What platforms are they using? What keywords are they searching for? How long are they watching the videos they choose? These pieces of information will help to tailor the video during the production and distribution stages so as to reach the targeted audience successfully.
- Check Out the Competition. No harm in seeing what your competitors are doing, if it’s working for them at least (definitely don’t want to mimic poor techniques). Take a look at the type of content that is appealing to their audience, how they distribute it, and other factors that influence a video’s reach.
Defining and reaching your target audience is important for seeing success when implementing a video marketing campaign. For more information on how to target them, or tools that are useful for doing so, contact us at Cinecut Creative today!
Making the decision to integrate video into your current marketing strategy was a great one. But now where do you start? There are plenty of results to be excited about, but having a solid plan to ensure those results are seen is the most important.
The best way to see success is to create a living marketing plan to drive video production and distribution. Start simple and allow room for growth because the first round of statistics might show where improvements are necessary.
Our experts at Cinecut Creative share four ways to create a video marketing strategy that is sure to see success:
- Start with a Mission Statement. Knowing exactly what you’re producing, who you’re producing it for, and what you expect from it are the key points to focus on in the beginning. Determine the target audience and form a thorough understanding of their needs and how you plan to address them.
- Determine Video Content. Depending on what your business’s overall goals are will determine what types of video content are best suited for the job. For example, simple product descriptions to boost brand awareness might include a how-to video of some sort. It could be either something basic like how to use it, or how it was innovated in the first place.
- Decide Who Will Produce It. Will production occur in-house or will it be outsourced to another company? Along with filming, there are many other roles that need to be filled such as who writes the script, who organizes the shoot, who edits the content, etc. Having these roles clearly defined and filled in the beginning will eliminate any strife down the line due to blurred lines in responsibilities.
- Measure Their Performance. Instead of feeling intimidated by user data, allow it to empower you! There are key insights into whether the video content is working or not. These insights provide more direction for where to take the campaign overall or maybe how to tweak the next video.
Don’t settle for a basic marketing strategy that puts you on par with the competition. Instead, put time and effort into planning so that no time or money is wasted on creating purposeless content. Need help? Contact our video production experts at Cinecut Creative!
Marketing campaigns can fail for a number of reasons. Even with the best planning, creativity, and outreach methods, sometimes the desired results are simply not seen. However, failure doesn’t necessarily mean that the entire plan should be tossed or reworked from scratch. Taking a step back and evaluating the campaign provides insight into the areas that can be improved upon.
The video marketing experts at Cinecut Creative want to share the three most common reasons that marketing campaigns fail are:
- It Missed the Target Audience. Understanding the audience is crucial for a marketing strategy’s success. Also, it goes beyond knowing who they are and how to reach them. It’s important to assess whether or not their questions were answered by the campaign, or if perhaps it was too general for them to relate to. Take a look at other market research studies to determine how well your business knows the target audience, and how to reach them effectively.
- It Came at the Wrong Time. The campaign needs to be relevant to the audience’s needs, which requires planning for distribution at the proper time. If it’s summertime, the audience is unlikely to be concerned about Thanksgiving or Christmas related advertisements. However, they would be interested in relevant seasonal products and activities. Poor timing is an easy fix if the marketing strategy fails -simply redistribute at the proper time and see the difference in conversion rates.
- The Message Missed the Mark. This ties into the points above. Whether the message of the campaign wasn’t properly integrated across all platforms, or if it was poorly developed overall, if the content itself is unsuccessful it needs to be reevaluated. Even creative or original ideas can flop, causing the message to be unheard or undesired at the time of its distribution. Again, keep the audience and their needs in mind when brainstorming for future campaigns.
It’s not the end of the road for your business if recent marketing strategies failed to deliver the desired results. Contact our video production and marketing experts at Cinecut Creative to receive valuable insight on how to improve your next campaign!
When it comes to digital marketing, utilizing video content is key for success. Videos are not a passing trend, but a solid tactic to incorporate into existing marketing strategies to improve online presence. After all, one-third of all online activity is streaming video content and 87% of online marketers are using it.
Our video production experts at Cinecut Creative know the ins and outs of producing high-quality videos that are sure to boost an existing marketing strategy. If the thought of incorporating videos into existing campaigns seems intimidating, have no fear! We have some excellent ideas to help any business get started!
A few ways to start utilizing videos in an existing marketing strategy are:
- Customized Landing Pages. When online users click a hyperlink that directs them to a landing page, conversion rates will boost up to 80% when video content is displayed.
- QR Codes. Those little boxy barcodes can be linked to YouTube, so when people scan the code on their smartphone, they will be directed to web videos instantly.
- Showcase Videos at Events. At an event, use video marketing before, during and after the event is sure to increase energy as well as customer engagement.
- Social Media. Many mobile users are connected via sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Also, 92% of mobile video consumers will share those videos with others.
- When sending out marketing emails, including video content will lead to a 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
Business and marketing videos are taking the online world by storm, and overall video advertisement spending will reach $5.4 billion in 2016. So if your business is ready and has a need for video content, contact our video production experts at Cinecut Creative today!